Skip to main content

It's all becasue "Jesus is my friend."

I cried for more than 1o minutes on today's church service. It's all because "Jesus is my friend."

Jesus is the King, he is my friend.
Jesus is the Messiah, he is my friend.
Jesus is the savior, he is my friend.
Jesus died on the cross, he is my friend.
..., He is my friend.

##CONTINUE##
No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. (Jn 15:15)

Studying in the TEDS makes me lost, lost in the love. I had hard time seeking the intimacy with God. I'm tired of being a M.Div student, or I should say a Christian. Many reasons cause that. It's my own problem. Sitting in the Willow auditorium and singing my favorite song "How Great is Our God", I swept. When the guest speaker Efrem Smith told us "Jesus is my friend", God touched my heart again and I cried. In a minute he connected God's names with "Jesus is my friend." It was so good that everyone stood and applauded. But me, I stood up with tears without any words.

It's like a new discovery. Suddenly, all God's names and this simple sentence "Jesus is my friend" make sense to me. I have a friend, who is the King, who is the mighty God, who is from heaven, who is the savior 2000 years ago, and who is grace and mercy. He died for us. Nope! He died for me.

I knew it. I know it. It's all because ...

Comments